Graduation Convocation – Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 at 11:00 a.m.
· Grad gowns will be available for pick up before the convocation ceremony on Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. in the small gym.
· Grads are asked to be dressed in cap and gown by 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 29th. The doors will open for guests at 10:15 a.m. (there is no reserved seating).
· Parking is available in the main parking lot of the school. Parents can choose to drop students off at the door and return at 10:15 a.m, or stay to take some pictures. Once grads are dressed in cap and gown, they can take pictures with their families and friends before the ceremony begins. Try to get this done as quickly as possible. There will not be time after the ceremony to take pictures in your cap and gown.
· It is suggested that appropriate attire for convocation includes a dress shirt with a white collar and/or long pants or a skirt. Comfortable shoes that are easy to walk in are recommended.
· You are encouraged to leave all purses and valuables at home so that nothing gets misplaced.
· Parents and families are welcome to take pictures from their seats only. A photographer has been hired to take Graduate pictures throughout the ceremony and these photos will be available to view digitally within a few days. A link will be provided in the program.
· Parents or family members who plan to video the ceremony are asked to do so from their seats. The ceremony will be filmed and uploaded to our YouTube channel.
· Ontario Scholars and specific certificates will be announced as each student proceeds to the stage to receive his/her diploma.
· If you win any other Award, remember to go quickly to the stage via the closest side stairway.
· When on stage, watch where you are going. Exit the stage via the stairs on the sides of the stage. Watch the sleeve of your grad gown when going up or down the stairs (they can easily get caught on the railing).
· On stage you will receive a blank paper rolled up to look like your diploma. After the ceremony, please go to the back of the small gym and return your rolled up diploma, grad gown and stole. The cap and tassel are yours to keep. Once the gown is returned, you will receive your true diploma, certificates, and grad composite photo.